Monday, March 26, 2018

Congressman Ted Deutch


March 20, 2018

Congressman Ted Deutch
111 E. Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301

Congressman Deutch,

Even though I feel, and even though I have never once threatened you or used obscene language, entitled to a response to my “petition for a redress of grievances*”, I have never been extended the courtesy of a reply.

Here’s another – Sisyphean, perhaps – attempt to get a reply.

I heard Louis Farakhan, AKA “Calypso Louie” to those of us with long musical memories, speak about a “synagogue filled with Satans”. Then I heard 2 members of Congress – Don’t ask which party they belonged to. Democrats, of course. – defend him.
Then I heard Al Sharpton, he of Yankel Rosenbloom fame, say he would have a demonstration to defend him.

[Let the record show that of the 3 Americans murdered in Mississippi in the 1964 civil rights drive, 2 were White Jews]

I forget. Was it Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson who called Jews “hook-nosed diamond merchants”?

If a Republican, any Republican, had been heard saying any of the above he would have had his ass welded to the next Pioneer rocket to be launched to get to the bottom of the Pluto contretemps. As the rocket took off, choirs of Pharisees would be chanting, “Never Again. Jewish lives matter.” Just kidding about that last part.

But I ask, yet again, why no Jewish politicians kvetching and kvelling about this?

And while I am bound and determined not to be cliché-ridden, would it be beyond the pale for me to say I used to think Jews were smart? Another shibboleth shattered? Did you know a Black DC councilman said that bad weather is caused by Jews? Honest to G-d. Wanna bet he’s a Democrat?




Kevin Smith


PS - * It’s in the Constitution. Look it up.



No comments: