Sunday, December 29, 2019

December 18, 2019 Rosemary O’Hara – Editorial Page Editor The Sun Sentinel RE: Some early Christmas presents, one for me and one for you.


December 18, 2019

Rosemary O’Hara – Editorial Page Editor
The Sun Sentinel

RE: Some early Christmas presents, one for me and one for you.

MS O,

Having no genetic, linguistic, or cultural knowledge of chutzpah, I have had to rely on neighborhood immersion – Bayonne, NJ was diversely multicultural before it became politically fashionable – and political scallawaggery, particularly of the modern American Liberal variety.

As I got to the editorial part of today’s unlinkable Sun Sentinel I was shocked, shocked to see Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, tressed as a wanabe Medusa – fair comment, no? – pledging her fealty and genuflecting in obeisance to the Constitution.

Scratch that.

Not all of it.

As a general principle, if proponents of Article 1 – the Congress, of course, the Congress – have a pickable bone with fans of Article 2 – the President, of course the President – they seek succor from the supposedly non-political  solons – the Judges, of course, the Judges who got to their seats in  a most political way. It was one of the things that fascinated de Tocqueville. 

Chief Justice Roberts, nominated by a Republican President, cast the deciding vote that enabled ObamaCare [“We have to pass it to see what’s in it”, remember?] to limp on. 

Hey, sometimes shit happens.

I say this because in San Francisco, home to Nancy Pelosi and shrine to Harvey Milk [And why has fellow murder victim, Mayor George Moscone, been rocketed down the memory hole at warp speed? Isn’t he just as dead as the credibly alleged pedophile Milk, and by the same hand? Will Moscone have a bus stop named after him?], a city where people come from all over to stand in front of her house, drop their drawers, and shit in honor of her “wokeness” and for her continuing inclusion in the Guinness Book for the largest cumulative amount of industrial strength Botox in a soon to be incontinent octogenarian.

No sense being a little ad hominem, is there? 

But I digress.

Every time I read of Little Debbie championing the Rule of Law and singing the praises of political freedom, a gift to each of us at birth, “a gift from beyond the stars”, I am reminded of September 18, 2001. 

It was the date when then State Senator Debbie Debbie sent Agent Mineva, aka the “bad cop” and Agent Thomas, aka, the “good cop”, both of whom had badges, guns, and the full majesty of the Law, to my house to question me about something I wrote. Both were detectives in the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. 

I am still confused.

Is that a chilling effect or its evil twin, the dreaded slippery slope?

It’s OK for a Jew-hating Wogette member of Congress to call the President a “mother fucker” and it’s OK for a crack ho-looking ex-comedienne to walk around with a severed head of our beloved President. If I suggest, in writing that State Senator Snot is less than the perfect ideal of an elected official I get a call from a friggin’ SWAT team. 

The 2 tangible things to come out of that fairly polite 3rd degree sweating – “Bad cop” Mineva told me it would be “better for me” if stopped writing to all elected officials – was that it scared my wife Amy, now long gone. Thanks, MS Turd. The other was that I got to know Nat Hentoff who promised he would write a column about me if I got arrested. “Easy for you to say,” was my reply.

I sent copies of all my notes to Debbie, the Doyenne of Broward brujas, to Tom Fiedler, then, in a twist of fate, the Editorial Page Editor of the Miami Herald. I told him that should he find one threatening word I would apologize to her and never write to her again.

18 years later my quill and nib are still sharp and still burnished from frequent use. As is, I hope, my wit.

She, as the prototypical modern American Liberal, that is to say someone who loathes the Constitution because it slows their goal of creating the perfect man, will always provide me with a constant “target-rich environment”.

Since she is someone for whom abortion is a Sacrament and someone who believes, deeply believes, that robbing individual Peter to pay collective Paul is the basis for all good public policy, I know that she will keep tossing off-speed batting practice pitches to her most “deplorable” fan.



Kevin Smith
WARRIORNARDIT@BELLSOUTH.NET



No comments: