Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Congressman Gregory Meeks

November 7, 2008

Congressman Gregory Meeks
153-01 Jamaica Avenue
Jamaica, New York 11432

RE: What the Hell did you say?

Congressman Meeks,

I heard you say this on “Squawkbox” earlier this week.

“In the ‘90s tax increases were used to pay down the debt.”

Yikes! Talk about fingernails on the blackboard.

I am sure you have many sterling qualities. Being smart isn’t one of them.

Listen carefully. I write slowly.

At no time in the 1990s, specifically the years when Hillary’s husband was President, did the Federal debt ever decrease. Not once, not ever, not by one penny. You can look it up.

Because you are a member of Congress and because you were on national television attention must be paid to such a dumb statement. Accordingly, and by the powers vested in me, I hereby name you

HORSE’S ASS OF THE WEEK

Wear your honors proudly. You got them the old fashioned way. No quasi quotas for you. You earned them.

No comments: