Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Senator Bill Nelson

June 9, 2009

Senator Bill Nelson
3416 South University Drive
Davie, Florida 32207

RE: A constituent’s plea for civility

Senator Nelson,

The Congressman who represents me, Ron Klein, either can’t answer or, worse, won’t answer my questions. Perhaps you can. If for whatever reason you don’t want to all you need do is say so.

#1 – Can you identify 2 “shovel ready” projects in Broward County that have begun, for lack of a better term, “shoveling” since the President’s stimulus package became law?

#2 – 255 was the largest number of employees on a payroll for which I had responsibility. Every time I met it could I claim to have “saved” 255 jobs? How do you measure, other than keeping an employee on your payroll, a job “saved”? Does the National Football League have a category for “running backs - balls not fumbled”? Does the American Medical Association have a category for “surgeons – arteries not nicked”? Can I get a tax credit from the Internal Revenue Service for “jobs saved”?

Would I be naïve if I were to anticipate the courtesy of a prompt reply?

No comments: