Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Congressman Ron Klein

March 15, 2010

Congressman Ron Klein
800 East Las Olas Boulevard
Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 33301

RE: “Transformational” – Some questions about Israel and the contradictions of a most virulent virus. Its name is modern American Liberalism. The cure is at the ballot box.

Congressman Klein,

No, it wasn’t you who said that Candidate Obama was “transformational”. It was Congressman Toad Wexler, he of the Maryland address and the Florida House district. [As an aside, he was one of few people who regularly exceeded the limits of “smarminess” so common to modern American Liberal Congressmen.] He traveled in Palm Beach and Broward Counties telling everyone at B’nai B’rith breakfasts, Hadassah luncheons, assorted Mah Jong tournaments, and temple building fund meetings in 2008 that Candidate Obama was a true friend of Israel.

At the same time Handsome Billy from Hot Springs, AKA President Big Bill Clinton, said that he would jump into a fox hole and grab a rifle and defend Israel should he feel that they were threatened. I wrote to him at his Harlem office to tell him to be sure to put the sharp end of the cartridge up the breech first. Alas, he never thanked me for his first weapons lesson.

For the record, let me tell you that I am not a Jew. However, the man who founded my Church was.

Further, I am a legatee of what is called Western Civilization. This means that the double helixes of my DNA are imbued warp, woof and existentially with the Judeo/Christian ethic and ethos. My “support” of Israel is not predicated on whether or not I like American Jews. I add, with tongue not so firmly in cheek, that “some of my best friends are Gentiles”. Israel is part of my being and if I were to turn against it I would be, as Cicero said, “turning my back on myself”.

I thought that one of the goals of any stimulus program was to “create” jobs. One of the long standing mantras of modern American Liberalism is “affordable housing”. It seems to me that our ally, the only representative Democracy in the Mid-East, was doing just that. 1600 affordable housing units just don’t spring out of Zeus’s forehead. Jobs, high paying jobs with good benefits, are being “created” in Israel. If we are going to “create”, that is to say to make something out of nothing, what better place to do it than Israel? Both sides of the Bible tell me that they are used to such miracles.



This has caused the “transformational” President to instruct his people, viz. Secretary of State Clinton and Vice President Curley Biden, to insult, in the most public of ways, both the Prime Minister of Israel and the Israeli people.

Would it be snarky of me to point out that when Hillary Clinton ran for Senate in 2000 she made Meir Kahane sound like George McGovern in 1972 or Howard Dean in 2004? There are towns in New York State dominated by Chasidim, AKA “Serious Jews” These towns gave her 99% of its vote. Neither venal Cook County nor mendacious Hudson County ever had the chutzpah to dare that.

Apparently it is acceptable for Democratic candidates to sound like Dracula defending a blood bank in support of Israel when running for national office. Once they are elected they sound like the wife that Abraham Lincoln used to describe “fairness”. It seems she came upon her husband and a bear in a life and death struggle. Not wishing to take sides she alternated her exhortations. “Go husband” was followed by “Go bear”.

Vice President Biden, a man nicknamed Curley for his intellect not the cosmetic treatment of his alopecia, a treatment that gave him his other nickname “Chia Pet”, said 3 years ago that Iraq should be divided into 3 parts, like Gaul. He pronounced that Bush’s “surge” was doomed to failure. A month ago he was on TV saying that a democratically inclined Iraq would be Obama’s “greatest achievement”. To think that this omadahn, to use the Irish word for an absolute neddy dunce, is but a heartbeat away from the Presidency is something that fills me without absolute dread.

It is well to note that Israel is in what people here would say is “not a nice neighborhood”. Not since the days of the Kamikazes have we faced a foe such as the people who think that blowing up other people will get them in good with Allah. Would it be racist of me to point out that we have yet to identify any murdering terrorist who has been Bah Mitzvahed?

Israel is not a “faraway place filled with people of whom we know little”. The Athens/Jerusalem connection was well known to the Founders. Mecca was not. In fact, from the 12th century on the place has been a net drag on civilization. Take away the oil and it would be a very hot Finland.

My connection to Israel is not “transformational”. It is part and parcel of my being. That is why I protest the actions of President Obama.

Why are the American Jews in Congress so silent? If I can raise my voice why can’t they? Why haven’t you?

I hear an uncertain trumpet from the ranks of modern American Liberals who sit in Congress. Do you think that the enemies of Israel, the ones sworn to its destruction, are not celebrating this?



I have asked any number of elected American politicians who are Jewish where they stand on this matter.

You could begin by saying that the President is wrong. You could stand up and proclaim “Let my people stay”.


Kevin Smith



PS – It is well to note that Golda Meir said in her autobiography that of the 4 Presidents that she dealt with the only one who kept his word absolutely and unequivocally was Richard Nixon. On a different note, California regulatory authorities approved rate hikes of 39% and 32%. The one for 39% for a health insurance premium earned the wrath of the President. His billingsgate would have been better used if it had been directed at the people who want to exterminate Israel. The 32% hike in the base tuition rate at the University of California at Berkeley didn’t rate a comment.

No comments: