Friday, May 31, 2013

May 30, 2013

Brad Ashwell
Media & Democracy
@The Sunny Sentinel

RE: I may have struck the mother lode!

Mr. Ashwell,

My constant search for Sunny Sentinel pundits to poleax – Think “unwavering” Big Stein, Little Stevie the Wonder, the perpetually racially outraged D.C.Lyons, occasionally Mikey from Brooklyn – is made easier when they bring some fresh cannon fodder in.

Life in the 10 ring can be interesting, particularly when I draw a bead on you. Think of it like being the catcher on the javelin team.

Who knew, I certainly didn’t, when I read your column on Wednesday the 28th that you, a natural piƱata, would turn into a cornucopia. Like the loaves and fishes of biblical fame the more I take out the more there is to take out.

Call it a historical, literary, political, and cultural Summer of Recovery.

You write that “the Koch Brothers are not a typical wealthy family”. That reminds me of the interesting exchange between F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway. I know you will enjoy looking it up.

Modern American Liberals lust after creating the paradigmatic template for all things social. Why not “a typical wealthy family”? Let me try to find “a typical wealthy family”.

Bingo!

The Kennedys!

Poppa Joe, as true a corsair as this country produced in the 20th century, established trusts for all his children in 1936. He was particularly concerned with Teddy. Even then he knew he would never be able to support himself. The die was cast early. He never worked a day in his life; he twice cheated in college. He caused the death of a young woman. His sexual habits were such that he would have humped a snake if someone held its head. He tried to put the fix in with Pope over a life time of supporting abortion.

I have sponsored a contest with many valuable prizes to the winner[s]. If someone could find a record of any Kennedy, anywhere, anytime, attending a public grammar school my gratitude would know no bounds.

In addition to being despicable turds they were/are/will be hypocritical despicable turds.

Is that what you mean by “typical”?

You say that the sainted Koch Brothers “increase economic inequality”. Alas, that is not so. The last 5 years of the benevolent rule of our Dear Leader, President B.O. have resulted in a top wage earner/low wage earner gap that would make a true Reaganite blush with envy. Look it up.

Again, the haughty, condescending disdain of meaner than cat shit modern American Liberals shows its viper fangs when you ask “whether we can trust those partisan ideologues to be good public stewards when it comes to providing us with objective news”.

Good golly but I don’t know.

Do you mean “objective” like Dan Rather was in 2004?

I leave with a simple Latin quiz.

Quis custodies custodiet, you putz?



KEVIN SMITH
WARRIORBARDIT@BELLSOUTH.NET


PS – Perhaps I was a bit harsh with you, particularly the part about you not knowing the difference between writer’s and writers’. If so, and may I borrow a page from the modern American Liberal Book of Etiquette, and say if I have offended you I am sorry. If you are offended I am not sorry. In a burst of multi-culturalism, of which my favorite poet is Kipling, let me say “Only Allah can weave a perfect rug”. Ain’t he Akbar?


No comments: