Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gary Stein The Sun –Sentinel

September 9, 2012
Gary Stein
The Sun –Sentinel

RE: “Give me your tired, your wretched masses looking to major in graphic design at the in-state rates” – Some comments on your how bad can those Republican rotters be as told by you in today’s Sun-Sentinel.

Big Stein,

Now I’m a “Hater”.

I’ve gone from being a founding member of the notorious “vast Right-Wing conspiracy”, one who wore his cap proclaiming my membership when I picketed the White House in the summer of 1998 shouting “Come out you son of a bitch with your hands up. We have the place surrounded”, to being labeled a curmudgeon by the only big time media mogul I know, to having 3 thoroughly modern American Liberals, elected officials all, send the police – men with badges and guns – to my house because of something I wrote to being a “Hater”.

It’s not the title Mom would have wanted me to have as I enter my golden years.

If the Devil can quote scripture I can read the Constitution.

You say, in your usual state of snarky dudgeon, that Governor Scott, the focus of evil if not in the whole world than certainly on the East coast, is trying to get “Illegal aliens” – What a refreshingly Tanqueray clear statement! – to pay higher tuition rates than other students at Florida colleges. Full disclosure demands that I point out that the “other students” bear the burden of being fully documented.

You say that someone from Kafiristan, Lower Volta, South Central Sudan, Nod, or Paraguay should pay the same tuition as someone from Belle Glades or Hobe Sound.

Would not Logic and the Constitution dictate that the same tuition rates should apply to someone from Bayonne, NJ or Wynona MN or Allen, TX? At the great risk of being thought of as a xenophobic nativist hater why should a presumptively law abiding citizen of North Dakota or Arkansas by penalized in favor of someone who broke our laws to get here?

Either all residents are equal or some residents are more equal than others.

Get back to me on that, OK?



KEVIN SMITH
WARRIORBARDIT@BELLSOUTH.NET


PS – “Fairness” – What would modern American Liberals do without that word? Impossible both to define and to quantify its only use is to sound the alarm for the usual
mAL war cry of “More”. Is it “fair” that I am folliclely challenged while Senator J. Forbes Kerry is not? I used to be able to play basketball as hard as Michael Jordan. Is it “fair” that I couldn’t play it as well? Is it “fair” that Barney Frank gets all the good looking guys?

Never send Little Stein a check for more than $99.99. Unless the Fed has changed the rules any item under $100 hits the account as cash. Anything over is subject to collection. That’s pretty “fair” of me to tell you that, no?

No comments: