Monday, February 27, 2017

February 26, 2017

Brittany Waldman
The Sun Sentinel

RE: Thank God for Professor Vivaldi, the not Eye-Tie climatologist who does something about the weather. Some comments about your Page 1 story about the inexorable march of time and tide.

Ms Waldman,

And I used to think that herding cats was tough!

“…Broward County put a financing program in place
 for homeowners who want to tap solar energy.”
Page 1
You

Solar energy will cause the seas to calm and the earth to cool? Will it also solve the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle? Will the “financing program” be in the expense budget or the capital budget? It’s been 20 years since the God awful Swerdlow airport sale/leaseback deal. It’s been almost 20 years since Broward County tried to give a hotel to a Black man. Thank God he didn’t have the sense to say yes. Perhaps solar power will be used to run the unicorn ranch or the not for profit rainbow stew co-op. If you put them in charge of the beach in 6 months they would be importing sand. 

I doubt they could find their asses using all their hands

Pop quiz:

#1 – If sea levels are rising have water front property prices gone down? If not, why not?
#2 – If sea levels are rising have banks stop making mortgages on water front properties?
#3 – If sea levels are rising why does the United States government still provide insurance coverage for water front properties?
#4 – Truth in lending requires full disclosure of all the costs and risks of the loan>
Shouldn’t Broward County require the borrower to be made aware that his property will soon have snook and manatees gamboling in the garage apartment?

The first time I saw the sea come down my street was when I lived on Darby Lane in Sea Bright, NJ. It actually met up with the Shrewsbury River. That was in 1949.

I had a friend who got his father a job in the Hudson County Courthouse as an elevator operator. There was some confusion when he discouraged the passengers from  pushing the buttons for the floors. He would do that, thank you very much. Thus, when I read of the creation of a “chief climate resilience officer” I recalled the good old days. If you have any juice or any markers could you get me that job? I would earn my pay in the first 15 minutes. For 20 years I have been asking the Sun Sentinel to show us the way, to make us face the inconvenient truth that we are doomed. I have been asking them to turn off all the A/Cs in buildings that they occupy. You will get that warm and fuzzy feeling, particularly in August, the feeling that all modern American Liberals long for, of saving the world in general and, simultaneously, undrowning all those polar bears. The baby seals might have a different take on it but you can’t make an omelet without breaking eggs, right?

I admire your artful conflation of tautologies, non-sequiturs, shibboleths, and balloon juice blather. Without them mALs would be EEG flat line. It sure beat the pee out of not thinking at all.

It’s time to get ready for Professor Vivaldi’s quarterly weather report. It’s due in a bit more than 3 weeks.




KEVIN SMITH
1401 SE 15ht Street #110
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316

WARRIORBARDIT@BELLSOUTH.NET



PS – And yes, when I am not wearing my RIGHT-WING CONSPIRATOR ball cap I am wearing my PROUD GLOBAL WARMER one


No comments: