Monday, April 10, 2017




April 10, 2017

Howard Satz – Publisher & Editor
The Sun Sentinel
500 E. Broward Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33394

RE: The non-barking dog?

Mr. Satz,

If you were to tell me that no one but me complained about the absence of your mini Op-Ed page this Sunday past I would, in keeping with the tradition of Holy Week, rend my garment and proclaim in my best banshee style that your paper is doomed.

The usual stodge of Big Stein telling me how evil, how mean, how rotten, how nasty, how brutish, and how just plain shitty Republicans are, coupled with the “loonies have taken over the bin” extra-terrestrial wing nut, moon bats who are pissed off at me for not believing that umbrellas cause rain, that no tax is ever high enough, that Midnight Basketball didn’t get a fair shot, that results don’t count, only expectations, and that evil, like bullying and teenage obesity, can be legislated away if only enough men of good will are willing to fight the special interests who hate change was what caused me to drop my Sunday morning treat of manatee sushi and Tanqueray, lots of Tanqueray, with ice, Schweppes, and lime. [Can’t be too safe when it comes to the ravages of Scurvy]

If it is gone forever I will be gone forever. That’s not a threat; that’s a promise.





Kevin Smith


PS – When I got to Florida in 1996 I read 6, sometimes 7, papers a day. I am now down to one on Saturday and, maybe, one on Sunday.
Do you think that murder of 80 Coptic Christians in Egypt yesterday was the result of moderate Muslim terrorists losing hope because of Trump’s xenophobia?


No comments: