Wednesday, July 29, 2015





July 28, 2015
Taren Ruggiero, R.N.
Department of Nursing
Holy Cross Hospital
4725 N. Federal Highway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33308

Ms. Ruggiero,

Just as much as modesty is an overrated virtue sloth is an underappreciated vice. There can be no excuse other than unconquerable concupiscence that can be used to explain the delay in writing this note to you.

I was a patient in Holy Cross Hospital from June 6, 2015 to June 11. 2015. My MR number was M0007850089 and my acct. number was Hooo214 968131. My attending physician was George G. Boctor, MD. My last trip to Holy Cross was my 6yh overnight stay.

I am not writing about the food because it was phenomenal. And yes, I mean it.

I wish to write of your nurses.
I was well attended to by a bevy of physicians who were graciously competent and professionally adept in the discharge of their duties

Your staff went far past the standards expected of health care providers in the front ranks. That may sound like a strained description but my daughter is an L&D RN in Texas and told me to be on my best behavior.

I was not a difficult patient but if I were my praise would have been higher and more effusive. I am a garrulous, engaging, oft-times curmudgeonly, calorically challenged, handsomely bearded raconteur.

Your people handled me superbly well. In fact, I asked 3 of them to marry me. I told #2 and #3 that my parents were Muslim/Mormon so there would be no problem with polygamy.

Other than ignoring my requests for cigars and cognac all I can say is that whatever you are doing keep doing it.

I mention no one in particular for fear of slighting someone by omission, an omission due to an unexpected senior moment.

Should I decide to build my own hospital I shall begin by hiring anyone who treated the most grateful patient in Room 357, bed 1.










Kevin Smith

No comments: