Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 29, 2015
Lyons, Stein, Mayo, and Steinbach – Troubadours all!
OK guys, I’m coming clean.
I’m a “bitter clinger”. I am also a “climate change denier”. Perhaps this came about because of the three years I spent in Wichita, Kansas, the sacred spot of the Koch Brothers. Wichita is close to Bentonville, Arkansas, where Sam Walton was mixing his noxious brew. Maybe that got to me.
Let me also confess that I fracked my first oil well in January, 1974.
As such, I was low hanging fruit for, as Big Stein calls them, “the clowns at FOX News”. [The thought of George Will and Charles Krauthammer with orange hair, a big red nose, baggy pants, and size 40 floppy shoes would make me reach for the PAY-TV button]

From time to time I have expressed my displeasure with the imbecilities that modern American Liberalism demands of its votaries. If it weren’t for tautologies, circular reasoning, and post hoc ergo propter hoc you guys wouldn’t be able to think at all. It does, however, make my life simpler. “The upturned neck awaits the ax.” On several occasions you have seen fit to publish my notes.

But now comes a perfect storm in a world where abortion is a sacrament and tax rates should begin at 105%.

Speaking of abortion…For years I have been writing that should Dr. Mengele, he of Auschwitz fame, present himself to the Democratic voters of Broward County in any primary he might pitch a shutout. [I’m from Hudson County, New Jersey. I know whereof I speak.]  Considering the recent release of the film noir home movies about Planned Parenthood and the deafening silence of modern American Liberals to this holocaust, I may have been too cautious in my voting outlook. I think perhaps that Hanna Arendt was right. In the end evil becomes banal. Also, Walker Percy, the noted American man of letters, was obviously right when he said that the back door of an abortion abattoir leads straight to Auschwitz, the aforementioned Dr. Mengele’s last place of gainful employment.

The “storm” is worthy of Mel Brooks, Swift, Oedipus and Lear, Professor Irwin Corey, and Joyce as the tour guide using the rules of the George Costanza School of Personal Conduct and Public Policy as the tie breaker.

New York magazine has a cover with 36 women on it who say they were drugged and raped by Bill Cosby.

Tom Brady recycles his cell phone and non-New Englanders want to bring back the Salem witch trials. [As an aside, how long has it been since Salem was bothered by witches?]

A double cover of the old Life magazine would be needed to fit all the ladies who got an up close and personal view of Bill Clinton’s one-eyed trouser snake. It was said that he would hump a snake if someone held its head.

While Brady is being fitted for a shroud there is not a peep, not a sigh about Hillary Clinton throwing her server into a wood chipper. Now the only ones who know what State Department secret stuff was on it is the Clinton Crime Family Foundation and several hundred Red Chinese CIA types who have had their lips shut by industrial strength Gorilla Glue lest they burst out laughing and gave the game away.

They are small things, neither of which is  larger than a man’s fist held up against the horizon. But they are things which, if put in a bag and the bag put in a closet, would not pass the smell test.

I don’t know why this is. Perhaps Lincoln’s 2nd inaugural gives us a clue. I do know that the callous indifference to the sale of baby parts degrades our souls. If abortion, particularly for profit, is a morally neutral occurrence who cares about the Clintons? 



Kevin Smith
WARRIORBARDIT@BELLSOUTH.NET



PS – In addition to drilling and fracking I spent 10 years in the coal business. Since you constantly hector about climate change and rising sea levels may ask if you have banned all A/Cs in your HQ? Coal was once the prime fuel used to produce the electricity needed to cool your building. It is a bit ironic that natural gas is replacing coal as the utilities main source of fuel. Ironic in that fracking has caused the reserves of gas to explode in the last 5 years. Gaia is going to be really pissed off. 


Also, if the oceans are rising why do 1%ers trample each other to buy waterfront property? Further, why should the Federal government subsidize the flood insurance absent which financing is not available? That money could be better spent on Pell grants for inmates, Midnight Basketball, the still not here Summer of Recovery, or enforcement of the Iran nuclear treaty. Of course, Phoenix-like, solyndra will be rising from the ashes of liquidation should Hillary the Hecate have her way.

No comments: