Monday, January 25, 2016

January 17, 2016
Gary Stein
The Sun Sentinel

RE: New York/Texas – Some comments on your column about how bad Texas is without mentioning that Yankel Rosenblum would still be alive today if he lived in Hondo, TX..

Big Stein,

I am prejudiced and conflicted.

My 4 Texas ladies live in, you know what I’m saying, Texas.

I was a tenant for 5 years at 350 5th Ave, #6612, New York City. The building is also known as the Empire State Building. That’s the one that the ape climbed

I fracked my first well in January, 1974.

I knew the sales cycles for cashmere at the big NYC stores

“Occupy Wall Street” louts liked to shit in public in Battery Park. Try to imagine that in Muleshoe, TX. I can’t.

As much as I loved the Stage Deli I could never get mountain oysters there.

Country music has 3 basic roots: #1 – My dog died #2 – My truck broke - #3 – My woman left me. “Simplicity, simplicity”, said Thoreau.

I don’t think the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade will be stopping in Italy, TX.

I am in complete agreement with you on les Quebecois. They are the reason why the word merde will always be in vogue.

Could there be a worse DNA mingling than some “stiff necked” New Yorkers and run of the mill Montrealers?

I had a string quartet playing the 17th and 18th century Golden Oldies at my daughter’s wedding. Her mother and I danced to “Good Hearted Woman” sung by Waylon Jennings. I played that and Mozart’s Requiem at her funeral service.

“We were the country before the country was ours.”


Kevin Smith
WARRIORBARDIT@BELLSOUTH.NET


No comments: