Saturday, January 9, 2010

Customer Service

January 6, 2010

David Kong – CEO
Best Western
6201 North 24th Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85016-2023

Mr. Kong,

Enclosed are our two most recent invoices from Best Western Hammond Inn.

On the morning of January 3, 2010 we were two hours out of Hammond, LA when I realized I had left my phone charger in your motel.

I called the desk and, to my surprise, it had been found it in Room 117. It was at the front desk. I asked if it could be forwarded to me with any expenses being billed to my wife’s credit card, said card being the one used to settle the bill for the previous night’s lodgings. The desk attendant told me that it would be no problem but that it would have to wait for the manager’s OK on Monday morning. I was told that the manager would arrive at 6:00 AM Monday.

I called at 8:30 Monday morning and was told that the manager was not in yet but that it would be sent out straight away upon her arrival.

I called Tuesday afternoon to check on the status. This time I spoke to the manager. She told me that it hadn’t been shipped; it wouldn’t be shipped; that I would have to call FedEx or UPS and have them pick it up. Further, she said that she couldn’t imagine any employee telling me otherwise.

I asked her if anyone was going to tell me this. She did not answer.

I bought a new phone charger. Please dispose of the old one in an environmentally sensitive manner. I say that because if the way you dispose of good customers is any indication of your disposal techniques I probably should call the Louisiana Haz-Mat emergency response team.



Kevin Smith & Amy Smith

No comments: