Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Arthur O. Sulzberger, Jr. The New York Times

April 18, 2010

Arthur O. Sulzberger, Jr.
The New York Times
860 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10018

RE: “Homer nods” – A mistake, acknowledged

Muy estimado Arturo,

Actually I wanted to say “Only Allah can weave a perfect rug”. I didn’t for fear that you would sic the dreaded “Word Police” on me.

In the last paragraph of my note to you dated 4/13/10 I used the word “flounders”. I meant to say “founders”. My penance for this venial verbal transgression will be an extra hour of IVing William Safire.

On the other hand maybe “flounders” isn’t that far off.

Fish stink from the head, don’t they?

Kevin Smith


PS – My Spanish salutation is to help prepare you for the day when your gate keeper says that the Frito Bandido is here with 6 finalists in the Pancho Villa lookalike contest. He says the mortgage is past due. He says he “spoke to the Lord who told him to foreclose”. Promise me that before Zapata’s nephew comes with the sheriff and the locksmith that you’ll run the Mohammed cartoons.

No comments: