Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Senator Christopher Dodd

July 16, 2010

Senator Christopher Dodd
30 Lewis Street #110
Hartford, CT 06103

RE: Adios, ladron!

Senator Dodd,

There is a recent photo of you and your fellow yegg, Barney Frank, flanking a seated Speaker Pelosi. You are both surprised to see that her eyes are on the top of her head. That’s what a gallon of industrial strength Botox a month will do to one’s mug.

I thought perhaps Batman and Robin might describe you but I think only one of you wears a mask and a cape. Then I thought of Damon & Pythias. Then Scylla & Charybdis came to mind before I settled on the obvious – Sodom & Gomorrah. Naturally, Barney is Sodom while you have become the paradigmatic template for Gomorrah.

I was a friend of both Nunzio and Vito once. Alas, that had neither the panache nor the filthy lucre and pelf that being a “Friend of Angelo” has had for you.

I have a nephew who has very successful real estate appraisal business in Connecticut. He tells me if he were to do what you did he would be lucky to land a job as a census taker. Too bad he lacks the ferocious felonious talents that you learned at your father’s knee.

One last piece of advice:

If you go camping with Barney, Bayonne’s best, bring you own sleeping bag.







Kevin Smith

No comments: