Thursday, May 10, 2012

Steven L. Goldstein The Sun Sentinel

May 10, 2012
Steven L. Goldstein
The Sun Sentinel

My dear Professor,

When asked if he had changed his mind the great Lord Keynes, an economist more cited than read, said “Of course. I change my mind when the facts change. Don’t you?”

In my little note to you dated 4/28/12 I said “Here’s a good sign for you. I have the same position on same sex marriage as the President.”

He changed his mind not because the facts, those damned inconvenient things, changed but rather because his ohmadanish horse’s ass of a Vice President opened his mouth and stepped on his tongue. I haven’t changed my mind.

The American voting public has the same position as I have. Every time, in every section of the country, when the issue of same sex marriage has appeared on a ballot the American public, in a democratic manner that you previously have praised, have voted same sex marriages down ranging from decisively to overwhelmingly. I think in the wonderland of true democracy, a world that two weeks ago you tumescently yearned for, the people, doubtless lizards all, have spoken.

The Internet, and a special shout out of thanks to its inventor Alpha Gump, can provide us with a test of the public will. Yea or Nay. Adam and Eve or Adam and Steve.

Isn’t that what you said on 4/29/12 was the best of all possible worlds? After all, the people united can never be defeated, right?






Kevin Smith
WARRIORBARDIT@BELLSOUTH.NET

No comments: