Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 28, 2013

Reverend Al Sharpton
MSNBC News
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, New York 10112

RE: What in the name of Tawana Brawley and the racist Duke Lacrosse team rapists do Trayvon Martin and Odin Loyd have in common?

Big Al,

They were Black men shot and killed by, according to the New York Times, “white Hispanics”.

I was walking through a super market a while back when I saw a T-shirt being worn by a Black teenager proclaiming

IT’S A BLACK THANG
YOU WOULDN’T UNDERSTAND IT

I asked him to give me a one sentence definition, preferably in the form of a declarative sentence, of thang. He looked at me as if my “nose was being eaten by weevils”. He may have called me a “sorry assed cracker’. He may not have. One thang of which I am certain is that he did not get diction lessons from Paul Robeson records or James Earl Jones movies.

Would it be correct for me to assume that one definition of thang would include the following statement?

ALL WHITE HISPANICS ARE VILE RACIST MURDERERS.
SOME MORE SO THAN OTHERS.

I ask because the murder of a Black man, Odin Loyd, is about to go down the conveniently located memory hole so beloved by modern American Liberals. He is just as dead as Trayvon Martin. He is going to be as dead as long as Trayvon Martin will be dead.

Why is one homicide treated differently than the other? Two white Hispanics meet two Black men and shoot them, correct?

The only difference is one of degree.

White Hispanic George Zimmerman is on trial for 2nd degree murder, if convicted he will not face the death penalty in a state that is quick to hook somebody up and then juice them up, but a very long time in the pokey. White Hispanic Aaron Hernandez will be indicted for 1st degree murder. If convicted of it in a Federal Court he faces the death penalty. If convicted of it in a Massachusetts Court he faces a life sentence with the possibility of a weekend pass a la Willie Horton. [I haven’t heard about him in a long time. How’s Old Willie Boy doing? I heard he was getting an on-line degree in Anger Manangement]

Why no outrage at that?

A jaded, more cynical chronicler might say that the facts would support the interpretation that your outrage is politically and racially motivated in a most jaded and cynical manner. Thank God I am neither jaded nor cynical.

I have admired you since you were trying to get rid of Jewish landlords in Harlem.

What I most admire about you is your ability to get White politicians, White media types, and White mush brained warm and fuzzy wanabees to kiss your ring even when it is in your back pocket.

The picture of you and Caroline Kennedy eating ham hocks and greens in Moms Mabley’s Harlem Chow Joint is, as is said in the credit card commercial, priceless.

My wife and I decided to honor your achievements by naming one of our cats after you – picture [of cat] enclosed.

Sharpton, Sharpie to his friends, gave us 17 great years

May you advance and prosper in whatever your thang is.




KEVIN SMITH

No comments: