Sunday, December 7, 2014

December 6, 2014
K. Rupert Murdoch – Publisher
The Wall Street Journal
1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10036

RE: “Time to say goodbye”

Mr. Murdoch,

Blame one of the most distinguished of your alumni for this “Dear John” letter.

It was Jude Wanniski who introduced me to what, after he said it, was a most self evident dictum

“Prices are struck on the margin.”

Today, pre-dawn, I drove past my usual news stand/coffee shop to buy the Wall Street Journal. For an unknown reason the paper has not been delivered to my usual stop for almost a year.

I drove the first half of a 5 mile round trip to get the paper. I gave the clerk $2.12. He said $3.18, the price having increased this week. Since I was there I gave it to him.

Today’s edition was, as usual, excellent. I am going to miss it.

$2.12 Si. $3.18 No.

If you see Arthur Siskind give him my regards.








Kevin Smith

No comments: