Monday, November 18, 2019

November 17, 2019 Rosemary O’Hara – Editorial Page Editor The Sun Sentinel RE: Almost worth the trip – Some comments on today’s unlinkable Sun Sentinel


November 17, 2019

Rosemary O’Hara – Editorial Page Editor
The Sun Sentinel

RE: Almost worth the trip – Some comments on today’s unlinkable Sun Sentinel

Ms. O,

It’s not quite like getting a “Message to Garcia” but I briefly yearned for any part of my vast, humanely disposed of, collection of cashmere, in the pre-dawn hours as I fired up my gas guzzling, polar bear drowning, who gives a rat’s ass about carbon footprints, Rain Forest defoliating SUV and crossed the river but not the woods and got to the other side where I got your paper. I returned without incident.
 
In the predawn chill – Didn’t Mother Nature get the memo on Global Warming? Is Nobel Prize winner and Tonight Show favorite Paul Krugman, a grifter who took the boy who cried wolf story and made a nice living, indeed a good, bordering on great living, predicting that the world was going to end by the year 2000, either by freezing or by starvation, whichever came first, or, Heaven forefend, in a dead heat – your paper provided a target-rich environment.

Let’s start with speech, free speech, particularly political speech.

Of course, I am biased and a bit soured when politicians piss on my back and tell me it’s rain, particularly when their verbal diarrhea includes twisted platitudes about speech. The reason is simple. I have twice been visited by policemen, men with badges, guns, and the full majesty of the law, because of something I wrote either to or about politicians. They were Broward County ladies – Debbie Wasserman Schutz and Miriam Oliphant – and that made them card carrying, fire breathing, tautologically hog tied as only modern American Liberals can be, didn’t lessen the “chilling effect” leading to the treacherous “slippery slope” of, as Orwell said, “boot in the face politics”. One of the officers, a man with a 15 shot + 1 up the spout, 9-millimeter, semi-automatic pistol on his hip, “for all the world to see,” told me I was “not in trouble”. “What do you mean I’m not in trouble? You have a badge and a fucking gun and you’re asking me about something I wrote. What do you mean I’m not in trouble?”

The thing about 2 modern American Liberal pols sending the police to my house may be coincidental and circumstantial and I forget whether it was Jeeves who said it to Bertie or the other way around, “like when you find a trout in the milk” bespeaks a pattern that my pal Nat Hentoff used as a title for one of his many books: “Free Speech For Me But Not For Thee”

I say this because even though it is anatomically impossible for either of them to ever be a “motherfucker”, like Congresswoman Rasuli Tlaib called the President. Also, I did not walk around with a severed head of either of them like failed skank crack ho wannabe and now a shitty failed comedienne, Kathy Griffin, did of our beloved President. 

An upset litigant calls Jude Carter a few names, some of which may have been toes over the line nasty. Were they as vulgar as saying the President gets a hummer from his daughter who has been called a “feckless cunt” on national TV?

Judge Carter was elected, not appointed. He chose to enter the arena when he fought for his job. BTB, the Marquis of Queensbury has not jurisdiction there. The only rule in a political campaign is that there are rules, save for the ones the voters impose or not. If Billingsgate bothers you stay out of the arena. One of my favorite DWEMS, a combat wounded veteran in the first war against Fertile Crescent terrorists said “Free men speak with free tongues”, my right from “beyond the stars” trumps your supposed right to a safe space and your imagined right not to be offended.

The guy went to jail, to the pokey for 30 days, in the clink for something he said? This son of a bitch should toughen his hide or go back to something honorable, like chasing ambulances or evicting widows.

I used to criticize a New Jersey Judge, particularly after he sentenced formerly “alleged perpetrators” who became convicted felons. I did this at a kitchen table with my children present and usually some potables from north of Hadrian’s Wall although not for kids. It usually worked out well for them and for the Judge, their grandfather, my father, and me.

He reminds me of a wimpy, wussy Pajama boy who still sucks his thumb and occasionally wets his drawers. He should be pelted with flaming bags of cat shit by someone who knows how to do it. A quick disclaimer. Since I am in good standing with the DWEMs who gave us the Trivium, the capstone of Western Civilization, I quickly add “rhetorically”, of course “rhetorically”.

On to Florida State Senator Lori Berman for whom I almost invoked the 35 point behind and we have a running clock – it is known as the mercy rule – but since upturned necks such as hers always await the descending ax anxiously, who am I to deny her one moment of clarity?

As far as I can tell, she is “outraged, shocked, and appalled” but not ”intimidated” by the rejection of 15 amendments she submitted for a committee vote on abortion. I am going to go out on a limb here but I am willing to bet a large sum of money the vote was along party lines, just like the upcoming vote on impeachment will be.

Sweetheart, here’s an Ockham’s razor solution.

Unelect the rat bastards

Pembroke Pines Mayor Frank Ortis, and I’ll double down on my previous wager, and place a black chip on him being a mAL, is a fervent believer in “I won’t tax you; you don’t tax me. Let’s tax that fellow behind the tree.” He wants to tax the Internet. [Isn’t that the McGuffin that former Vice President Alpha Gump invented. How’s he doing?]
I can see one small problem here. It is one that modern American Liberals, despite their allegiance to “settled law” and “stare decisis”, particularly since their favorite color is plaid, are able to overcome. “All things to all people”, right?

Almost 200 years ago, the Supreme Court ruled that no state can tax a transaction in another state. The case, Gibbons v Ogden, is a favorite of mine. It is a mirror of New Jersey, my home state. It featured politics, bribery, intrigue, venality, and corruption. Who said “What is past is prologue”? 

Again, we go back to Ockham. 

I issued an indulgence on January 23, 2016 – check my blog, WARRIORBARDIT.BLOGSPOT.COM - to all voters who were undecided about voting for Trump. In it I gave 2 reasons for voting for him. #1 – he wasn’t Wide-Bottomed Hillary and #2 – he gets to nominate the Judges, all the Judges. 

Simple, isn’t it?

Anna Fusco, President of the Broward Teachers Union – and why do they shun the much maligned but grammatically correct apostrophe? - bemoans the lack of money for her members here. The average salary in Chicago will shortly be twice that of Florida. Other than drive by shootings and close order drills with small arms, do Chicago kids get twice the education that Florida kids get? Will doubling the salary of a mediocre teacher make them better teachers. And don’t you think union teachers should be forced by law to send their kids to public school?

Richard Clark of Clark Leadership “predicts highly sophisticated outside influence in the upcoming 2020 election”. Do you mean George Soros? Do you mean Michael Blomberg, who hasn’t even decided if he is going to run, and his decision to spend $100,000,000 – that’s 100 million – on advocacy ads? Or do you mean the Russkies who convinced Wide-Bottomed Hillary, who lately has been dressing like she wants to be a walking ad for a Mexican cantina as a taco, burrito, tamale – not to campaign in Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin, actually good advice all around. And don’t forget “deplorable”. Nothing like insulting someone to get them to vote for you. He then says, apparently with a straight face, “Let’s not let foreign influence determine the outcome of our election.” Do you mean like Obama did in Israel in 2015 and in England in 2016? And BTB, who died and left you chief censor? Pop quiz: “Quis custodes custodiet?” Send a SASE.

Tell the rabbi that he is either the founding rabbi or the rabbi emeritus but he can’t be the Founding Rabbi Emeritus.

About your lead editorial, do you remember when Wide-Bottomed Hillary was asked why she got $200,000 for a speech to a group of rapacious investment bankers cum hedge fund 3 Card Monte Dealers? She said, as only someone who had a broker named “Red Bone” could say, “Because that’s what they offered.”
 
Trump Jr. got $50,000 from the University of Florida to sell his book. 

Sounds like a good deal, for him, to me.

Who reached out to whom? What is the standard fee? Was he the first to get it? If he gives it back should everyone else give it back also? I don’t know if Chelsea Clinton Mezvinsky can sing or dance but she got $600,000 + plus for doing nothing with MSNBC? Did she spend time with Matt Lauer or Charley Rose? Should she give it back?

So many asses to kick; so little time.



BASTA!




Kevin Psmith
WARRIORBARDIT@BELLSOUTH.NET

No comments: