Monday, June 23, 2008

Commissioner Addie Greene, Palm Beach County Commission

June 22, 2008

Commissioner Addie Greene
Palm Beach County Commission
301 North Olive Avenue
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401

Palm Beach, Florida

RE: What were you thinking? That’s a big assumption on my part, thinking that you can think

Commissioner Greene,

I just know, with absolute 100% metaphysical certitude, that the phrase “Free men speak with free tongues” is alien, even extra terrestrial, to you.

“It never bothered me until Obama beat Hillary, and
I got the one [anonymous letter] saying that we had a
baboon in White House, – and that ticked me off,”
Green said…”When you start attacking me and Obama,
I have a problem with that. Leave Obama alone.”
The Miami Herald
Today
Page 5B
You

And if I don’t leave Obama “alone” what will you do? Since I don’t do anonymous letters you know my name. My address is right below my signature. If you decide that I am a White red necked hurler of billingsgate at Senator Bambi will you come to my house and beat me senseless? Be advised that my love for the First Amendment does not diminish my love for the Second.

“Baboon” is one of my favorite words in the illustrious History of political speech in America.

It goes without saying that, of course, you knew that the Democratic Party and the New York Times called Abraham Lincoln a “baboon”. You knew that, didn’t you?


Being an elected official comes with some perks and some drawbacks.

You can be a nit-wit in public, you can say biblically dumb things, you can walk around with a neon sign that flashes “I am a boob”, and no one will really mind. The obverse of that coin is the First Amendment is always on patrol. Free speech is bit like pregnancy. Either you are or you aren’t. Either speech, particularly political speech, is free or it isn’t. 25 centuries ago “Free men speak with free tongues” was good advice. It still is.

My advice to you is that you shut your mouth. It is advice I hope you don’t take. While it would be of great value to the diminishing ozone layer and would drastically reduce the dreaded greenhouse gases that dumb assed pols, poltroons, and mountebanks such as you give off in copious amounts it would deprive the citizens of Florida the sheer joy of hearing someone like you ramble on.

You suffer from an ailment common to all modern American Liberal politicians. It is “non-malodorous fecal matter syndrome”. If you don’t know what that means send a SASE. If you don’t know what SASE means dial 911.

As long as you keep your mouth shut people will only suspect you to be a world class fool.

Keep talking. Addie, your name, is short for addlebrained, right?

You go, girl!

No comments: