Friday, June 27, 2008

Congressman Barney FranK

June 26, 2008

Congressman Barney Frank
29 Crafts Street
Newtown, MA 02458

RE: Emmis, one Bayonne guy to another, OK?

Congressman Frank,

In the Logic most familiar to modern American Liberals, and I consider you to be the paradigmatic template for that endangering species, you say that Countrywide Mortgage is “unusually sleazy”.

Would it not therefore follow that people who profit from this cistern of sleaziness are themselves “unusually sleazy”?

I don’t mean Senator Conrad. All he needs are bib overalls, a hatchet faced wife and he’s “American Gothic” redux. Besides, he’s from Middle Lakota or Bug Fug or a place that Starbucks hasn’t yet found. He is dull and the source of dullness in others. Not him.

I mean Dirt Bag Dodd. He is the only politician who has ever lied to me face to face.

I can say that he gives Irish-Catholics a bad name. I can say that because I am Irish-Catholic, He wouldn’t last 5 minutes in either of Bayonne’s better saloons, Pop’s Corner or the Speedway. By the by, neither of them was particularly Irish.

Do you suppose a “Friend of Angelo” would have been a friend of “Bayonne Joe”?

Can I infer that you will serve on the “Committee to Horse Whip Senator Dodd” for being “sleazy”? If you want to get rid of “sleazy” Countrywide wouldn’t that broom of Augean proportions extend to Dodd the Stealer of Hot Stoves? If not, why not?

No comments: