Sunday, August 24, 2008

Detective Jim Mahoney

August 24, 2008

Detective Jim Mahoney
201 North Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach, Florida 33401

RE: “Policemen are killers” – What am I missing here”

Detective Mahoney,

On June 25, 2008 [the anniversary of the Battle of the Little Big Horn] I returned your phone call regarding a letter I sent to Palm Beach County Commissioner Addie Green.

You suggested that I “lay off her”. You said that I had “more than enough ass holes in Broward County” that I didn’t have to go to Palm Beach. Further, you said that the lady had received “numerous death threats”. As to the later I asked how many death threat letters are signed and have the senders name and address like mine. As to the former I agreed and told you that I would give her a month off.

She got two.

“Policemen are killers.”
Palm Beach County Commissioner Addie Greene

That ended my self imposed moratorium.

The woman issues a blood libel against policemen.

Was I the only one to respond?

If so it says more for the people of Palm Beach than it does about Commissioner Greene.

I remind you that John Adams and Thomas Jefferson attacked each other using words that make mine seem like a church social. Lincoln was called a “baboon”. George Bush is compared to Hitler.

I called Commissioner Greene a HORSE’S ASS. I called her a HORSE’S ASS because every time she opens her mouth she says to the world of rational, literate adults, a world with which she is not the least bit familiar, I AM A HORSE’S ASS. GAZE ON ME IN ALL MY SPLENDOR!



Is there no one in Palm Beach County to say so? Am I to be the only paladin for “The Thin Blue Line”? Why is there no “1013” coming out of the Sheriff’s office? Are we to be like sheep in the face of wolves hoping that our silence will save us from evil?

The strongest chains are the ones we forge ourselves and put on voluntarily. I choose to be free of them. I told you of a visit from the Broward County Sheriff’s deputy about a letter I wrote to an elected official here. The first thing he said to me was “You’re not in trouble”. I said, “What do you mean I’m not in trouble. You have a badge and a fucking gun. What do you mean I’m not in trouble?”

I will send her a copy of my note to you.

There is no sense in being a little or local HORSE’S ASS. I will introduce her to the world as the paradigmatic template for – You guessed it! – HORSE’S ASSES. That, plus the still weak dollar, should revive Palm Beach real estate.

Since I am Irish and since I am a frequent user of their products I will petition the Guinness Book of Records for a new category. You guessed it.

HORSE’S ASS OF THE WEEK

Palm Beach County Commissioner Addie Greene, a name that will live in infamy, soon to be internationally known, came by her laurels the old fashioned way. She earned them.



PS – I tried to return your call. Alas, I copied the number incorrectly. Oh well, “Homer nods”.

No comments: