Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 14, 2013
Letter to the Editor
The Miami Herald
3511 NW 91st Street
Miami, FL 33172

RE: Pre-verdict editorial and post-verdict reality

Sirs,

I heard the dreaded “N” word, the word that White folk dare not use unless they are asking for a copy of Dick Gregory’s autobiography, early this AM when I went to get the Herald.

It was OK because a Black man used it.

When I entered the Stop & Shop the non-quota driven racial dynamic was two Whites of Northern European origin, one mildly 3rd Worldish Middle Eastern Semite, and one African-American.

I swear, on my honor as a melanin challenged, curmudgeonly disabled senior citizen who was a proud founder of the “vast Right-Wing conspiracy” and who, because of my views on GlobalCoolingGlobalWarmingClimateChange is about to become the chief spokesman for the renascent Flat Earth Society, that I heard the African-American say ”I don’t like the verdict because I am a dreaded “N” word”.

The other Northern European said that it’s OK. “Since I’m Irish that means I’m drunk”. I said, “I’m Irish too.” He asked me, “Are you drunk too?” “Not yet”, I replied. He also told the shopkeeper that he was a “terrorist”.

The absence of vitriol and billingsgate kept the temperature down. It precluded a SWAT raid by the Word Police of the Church of the Perpetually Outraged. There was much jocularity and badinage. Alas, my tutorial on the presumption of innocence did not keep the attention of two of the players as they both left. The shopkeeper was not going anywhere ‘til he was paid.

Can we construct a universal, in a way that does not offend Logic, from this particular? Of course not. Does it mean that the Voice of the Turtle will once again be heard in the land? Don’t be an ass.

On the other hand….

“Whatever the legal outcome, let there be no mistake:
Trayvon Martin’s short life has marked our national soul
and, in his death, we all have been forced to confront
how far we’ve come and how far we have to go – still”
The Miami Herald
Today
You

Before you ended your editorial with the above nonsense you hectored us earlier with admonitions about not resorting to violence should the verdict not meet with our approval.

That speaks volumes to the fundamental lower case racism that is the fuel that powers modern American Liberalism. The warning was aimed at the “African-American community…along with school officials, coaches, and youth center counselors”. You are telling “them” to bite their lip and not to burn down the liquor store, not because they shouldn’t, but because the “cause” will be set back. Sisyphus had it easy. Since the goal line, like the horizon, keeps moving there will be no end to troubled days.

Midnight Basketball helps “them” cope.

I don’t recall – I may be wrong so please check – any media outlet, print or electronic, advising White America to stay calm if O.J. Simpson were to be found innocent. If memory serves Short Hills, NJ did not burn down the post office. Highland Park, TX was a model of restraint. Lighthouse Point, FL actually had a bake sale to help single moms, women of color, with kids in need of a good Ritalin program.

I accept the possibility that I may be branded a racist for saying the above. If that means that I will have my ass Gorilla Glued to a Saturn rocket, alongside of Paul Deen, to colonize as many of Jupiter’s lesser moons as is possible in the next 50 years, so be it. [While not in the Jennifer Lopez/Pippa Middleton class I assure you our respective asses will speak well of Western Civilization when we get to Calisto.]


Speaking of the homicidal tendencies of white Hispanics would not Logic dictate
that the caravan of media whores and panderers now moves on to Boston? Forget about the not so whirling Dervish with the pressure cooker bombs. White Hispanic Aaron Hernandez is accused of the 1st degree murder of an African-American. Evidence and facts notwithstanding, the race of the toe-tagged guy and the race of the alleged perpetrator should be sufficient for the trolls and ghouls to gather in Boston. Even if the Frito Bandido is found guilty he will be eligible for weekend passes a la Willie Horton was a few years back.

I can tell you as a 2 state juror of felony trials that the first thing brought up when deliberations started was the six week delay between the incident and the arrest.

I am surprised they were out as long as they were.

Speaking of “marking our national soul”, why didn’t the horrific death of a much younger Jesse Dirkhising “mark our national soul”?

Are souls marked eclectically?

I am too old to even ask that question.

That I do is proof that not only will man endure but that “he will prevail”.

The camel shits; the caravan moves on.




Kevin Smith

No comments: